Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

DIY bulletin board

Since being on Spring Break for the past 2 weeks, I finally had some time to check off things from my very long to-do list! So glad!! I've been in desperate need of a cute kitchen bulletin board to hang pictures and our family calendar on. So I began to pin ideas on pinterest and after posting these art work display wall ideas on IG, I was totally inspired.. I decided to go with my original plan to use fabric, but I am going to make the chevron bulletin board for the girls' playroom next. I'm stealing the idea from _DesignJoy! Thanks for the idea love!!




Ok so here's how and what you'll need//

I first made a trip to Joanns Fabric Store to find some fabric and get my supplies. As soon as I walked in the store I found this perfect fabric that is actually outdoor fabric but hey, it totally works! I bought 2 yards because I decided to cover a lamp shade as well. I'll post that later.. 

Then I got 2 12x12 pieces of cork board. You need 2 so it is thick enough for the thumbtacks to push thru. 
I also bought the gold sequin strip, BUT after gluing it on once the fabric was in place, I wasn't in love so I took it off! Whoops, total trial and error...I was wanting it as a border but it was just too much for the 11x14 size frame that I got. 
Then I was on a mission to find a frame. I found this  one at Target of course, for $14.99. Total score!

  


Ok here are the steps. Once again, I didn't go crazy with the step by step pictures. I just got too excited as I was making it.

1) Measure the inside and cut out the cork board. I used a razor blade, but scissors will work too.
2) Cut out the fabric with just a little bit extra to fold over and glue.
3) Glue to the cork board making sure you pull it really tight!
4) Now glue the back of the cork  to the holding of the frame.
5) Attach the backing to the frame and......
                            VOILA// you have a bulletin board that looks super cute on any wall!

    We'd love to see yours if you make one! Hashtag us on IG #binkiesandblondes




1 comment: