Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

//Budget Doc McStuffins Birthday Party//


I'm finally sharing some pictures from Caprice's 3rd birthday party. I'm just  a tad bit late on this.. It was in April... I know and it's July, right?? Seriously, this was on my to-do list among with MANY other things this summer that i have to get done before school starts. Oh, i have to print and frame my maternity pictures of Stella and yes she's 9 months old. I love pictures but they basically sit on my phone or my computer..Seriously I suck. There is NO time anymore. The end. 

Well, I'm a sucker for a good themed party. My bestie Jen is beyond talented at event planning and graphic design and she always spoils me whenever I have a party or event. Love you Jen. If your in San Diego, you must check her out! //JenniferJDesigns// There is really nothing she can't do!! Caprice has had the cutest birthday parties thanks to auntie.. Year 1 was Shabby Chic, Year 2 was Elmo, and Year 3 was Good ol Doc. I really wanted to do this year on a budget since the past 2 I went all out. And luckily I stuck to it! I got tons of detail for cheap. 

1st I started by a basic Evite! I kept going back and forth with this since I love invites but it saved money and the hassle! 

I didn't go crazy on food either. Just pizza and chips and a few sweets. 

Meet my little own Doctor. This outfit was easy. Already had the shirt, skirt, shoes, and socks. The doctors jacket was found on Etsy and i got it embroidered Dr. Caprice. 

We had to put a twist on the traditional Doc's headband. Done by @sequinandbombshells

These were a hit! Jelly beans in shot glasses! 

 
These cuties are wafter band-aids. Easy and cheap! Just got a pack of wafters then used frosting and sprinkles to make a heart. Done and done. 


Of course the Doctors needed to be identified!! Genius idea. Attach ribbon to make badge! 

 
As you know Doc loves her sign..."The Doc is in" I just glued a bunch of sticks and printed this image online. Then the mini docs made their own sign for their bedroom door! 
 

Wouldn't be a Doc McStuffins party without a Book of Boo-Boos. Sooo easy. Just got a bunch of paper books at Staples, cut out foam and glued it along with a heart on front. Found those at Michael's. Great to use for their patients diagnosis! 
Jen made these Check-Up lists that the kids did on their own patients who were stuffed animals. Cutest. 


Part of the Check Up station tools. Had band-aids, cotton balls, syringes, face masks, and band-aid tattoos. 




Tattoos for the minis and mommas too by @sequinsandbombshells. Loved these! 


 
I got her birthday hat on Etsy! Super cute! I also went to Ralph's to save money and got a dozen cupcakes and a mini plain purple cake and put the cupcakes around the cake! Saved so much here and it was good!! 




Pin-the-band-aid on the character. Print image and use sticker band-aids or actual band-aids!!


Happy 3rd birthday my Lil DocCaprice!!! Until next year.....
 

Event Planner & Graphic Designer// Jennifer J Designs @jenniferjdesigns

@sequinsandbombshells


4 comments:

  1. Awww this was beyond cute never seen a doc mcstuffins party yet. Great thought and fun went into it. Great party

    Missy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and fun! Love the details and love your IG feed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhh that's the cutest!!
    XX Regards from Madrid!
    Bellassinperderlacabeza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. //Budget Doc McStuffins Birthday Party//. I'm finally sharing some pictures from Caprice's 3rd birthday party. I'm just a tad bit late on this.. It was ... docmcstuffins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete